Browse Definitions by Letter: # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Check out our Small Business Essentials Section

dependent variable

A factor or phenomenon that is changed by the effect of an associated factor or phenomenon called the independent variable.

For example, consumption is a dependent variable because it is caused and influenced by another variable: income. In a mathematical equation or model, the dependent variable is the ... more

Should a Small Business Practice Total Quality Management?

Total Quality Management is the dedicated effort to providing a continuously-increasing level of quality in an effort to retain the attention (and repeat business) of your customers. Widely practiced throughout the world, large corporations are continuously examining their products and services through the practice of TQM to optimize their competitiveness, paying particular attention to their core customer base. So why can’t...
Read Full Article

More articles

The 20/80 Rule Applied to Customers

by Tom Murcko

For many companies, 20% of the customers generate 80% of the profits. Those companies would often be better off by focusing more on that 20%, and by searching for other customers similar to that 20%, and focusing less on the other 80% of their current customers. ...Read more

Browse videos


Browse by Letter: # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z