A predisposition or a tendency to respond positively or negatively towards a certain idea, object, person, or situation. Attitude influences an individual's choice of action, and responses to challenges, incentives, and rewards (together called stimuli).
Four major components of attitude are (1) Affective: emotions or feelings. (2) Cognitive: belief or opinions held consciously. (3) Conative: inclination for action. (4) Evaluative: positive or negative response to stimuli.
Use attitude in a sentence
The new administrative assistant has the right attitude and work ethic to succeed in such a stressful and competitive environment.
When i was younger and struggling in a sport, my dad would always tell me that proper performance is a result of a proper attitude.
The teenager's persistently negative attitude regularly caused conflict with his teachers and he often found himself being sent to the principal's office.
- How to Perfect the Art of Negotiation
- Concepts of Effective Management Through Leadership
- How to Succeed in Business
- Leadership Exercises to Encourage Employee Development
- Being a Savvy Investor AND a Small Business Owner
- How to Motivate and Retain Employees â Essentials Every Organization Should Know