1.General: Number or quantity that is in-between (intermediate to) several quantities and numbers. See also mean.
2.General insurance: The term 'subject to average' means that if the sum insured at the time of a loss is less than the insurable value of the insured property, the amount claimed under the policy will be reduced in proportion to the under-insurance. Also called average clause. See also coinsurance.
3.Marine insurance: 'Average' means partial (loss); particular-average loss is borne by one party, and general-average loss is shared by all concerned. Now largely replaced with institute cargo clauses A, B, or C.
4.Quality control: Most common expression of the centering of a distribution computed by dividing the total observed values by the number of observations.
Use average in a sentence
- âQuitâ Can Be a 4 Letter Wordâ¦How to Leave Your Job the Right Way
- Top 5 for Careers in Finance
- Integrating your Business into the World of Social Networking
- Useful Communication Tools to Foster Common Understanding
- How to Succeed in Business
- Macroeconomic Factors and the Management Environment