- has been laid off or terminated, or received notice of termination or lay off and is unlikely to return to previous industry of occupation,
- has been terminated or laid off, or has received a notice of termination or lay off, as a result of permanent closure of, or substantial layoff at a plant or facility,
- was self-employed and now unemployed because of a natural disaster,
- was self-employed (including farmer, rancher, or fisherman), but is unemployed as a result of general economic conditions in the community in which he or she resides or because of a natural disaster, or
- is a displaced homemaker.
See also displaced worker.
Use dislocated worker in a sentence