In general, indirect and non-cash compensation paid to an employee. Some benefits are mandated by law (such as social security, unemployment compensation, and workers compensation), others vary from firm to firm or industry to industry (such as health insurance, life insurance, medical plan, paid vacation, pension, gratuity).
Use employee benefits in a sentence
- What is Alternative Staffing?
- How to Recruit and Engage the Gen Y Workforce
- Should a Small Business Practice Total Quality Management?
- Leadership Exercises to Encourage Employee Development
- How Do You Buy a Business?
- How to Handle External Forces in Order to Maintain A Cohesive Workplace Environment