A focus strategy is usually employed where the comopany knows its segment and has products to competitively satisfy its needs. Focus strategy is one of three generic marketing strategies. See differentiation strategy and low cost strategy for the other two.
What are your strengths?"Google writes powerful search algorithms; Steinway works wonders with wood; Cisco sniffs out promising new technologies and buys them. Figure out what you're good at and stick to it. An obvious notion, perhaps, but plenty of zealous entrepreneurs lose their way--especially when the world seems so full of possibilities."
Focusing on One Business"In many ways, we're a one-trick pony. It's just a good trick. (Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon)"
Loss of Focus"Loss of focus is what worried Charlie Munger and me when we contemplate investing in businesses that in general look outstanding. All too often, we've seen value stagnate in the presence of hubris or of boredom that caused the attention of managers to wander."
- Corporate Entrepreneurship and its Importance in Large Companies
- Using SWOT Analysis to Develop a Marketing Strategy
- Managing Small Business Growth
- Three Objectives of Brand Awareness
- Six Sigma Guide to Training and Certification
- âQuitâ Can Be a 4 Letter Wordâ¦How to Leave Your Job the Right Way