Shareholder (stockholder) of a firm. In corporate legislation, a member is generally defined as (1) the subscriber to a firm's memorandum of association (or articles of incorporation) who is deemed to have agreed to become a member of the firm, and whose name is entered in the firm's register of members when the firm is registered (or incorporated), and (2) every other person who agrees to become a member of the firm and whose name is entered in the firm's register of members. Shareholders who join a firm at its inception are called founder members.
Use member in a sentence
- Types of Small Business Loans
- Motivation Techniques for Young Entrepreneurs
- Effective Brainstorming for Large Groups
- Should a Small Business Practice Total Quality Management?
- Staying Social When Youâre Broke from a Startup
- How to Motivate and Retain Employees â Essentials Every Organization Should Know