In manufacturing, a measure of excellence or a state of being free from defects, deficiencies and significant variations. It is brought about by strict and consistent commitment to certain standards that achieve uniformity of a product in order to satisfy specific customer or user requirements. ISO 8402-1986 standard defines quality as "the totality of features and characteristics of a product or service that bears its ability to satisfy stated or implied needs." If an automobile company finds a defect in one of their cars and makes a product recall, customer reliability and therefore production will decrease because trust will be lost in the car's quality.
Use quality in a sentence
- Should a Small Business Practice Total Quality Management?
- Online Education â Is It Right for You?
- Effective Brainstorming for Large Groups
- How to Handle External Forces in Order to Maintain A Cohesive Workplace Environment
- How Do You Find a New Job?
- Are You Actively Networking in Your Job Search?