The condition of retaining (keeping) something. "You may be able to memorize facts in the short-term, but how well is your retention of those facts over the long-term?" "Successful companies need to foster a good working environment so that employee retention remains at a high level." See also retention clause, retention period, and retention ratio.
Use retention in a sentence
- Traditional vs. Online Universities â Whatâs the Difference?
- Total Quality Managementâs Impact on Different Business Processes
- Effectively Developing and Engaging Employees
- How to Recruit and Engage the Gen Y Workforce
- How to Motivate and Retain Employees â Essentials Every Organization Should Know