Standard costs are used as target costs (or basis for comparison with the actual costs), and are developed from historical data analysis or from time and motion studies. They almost always vary from actual costs, because every situation has its share of unpredictable factors. Also called normal cost.
Use standard cost in a sentence
- Traditional vs. Online Universities â Whatâs the Difference?
- How Credit Scores Help Consumers
- Emotional Intelligence and its Impact on Leadership
- 2 Start-Ups and 1 Conglomerate Aim to Change the Game
- Should a Small Business Practice Total Quality Management?
- Valuation Metrics for Small Businesses