Standard costs are used as target costs (or basis for comparison with the actual costs), and are developed from historical data analysis or from time and motion studies. They almost always vary from actual costs, because every situation has its share of unpredictable factors. Also called normal cost.
Use standard cost in a sentence
- Should a Small Business Practice Total Quality Management?
- How Credit Scores Help Consumers
- 2 Start-Ups and 1 Conglomerate Aim to Change the Game
- Emotional Intelligence and its Impact on Leadership
- Traditional vs. Online Universities â Whatâs the Difference?
- Valuation Metrics for Small Businesses