trade readjustment allowance (TRA)

Popular Terms
A federal subsidy granted by the U.S. Department of Labor. TRA is paid to individuals who have lost work due to increased foreign imports, or outsourcing to foreign markets. If granted, assistance can also include job training, job search and relocation allowances. It may require training in a new field as a condition for receipt. Also called trade adjustment allowance, or trade adjustment assistance (TAA).

Email Print Embed